SDS & Chemical Registers
One of the key regulatory requirements for chemical safety is that all organisations must have an up to date chemical register and safety data sheets.
This is relevant for both hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods.
These must reflect the actual chemicals you are using on your site and be accurate and safety data sheets must be less than 5 years old.
The safety data sheet must also meet the current Australian code of practice for SDS in format and structure.
Our services in this area include the following:
- Complete actual inventories of chemicals on site
- Develop a chemical register to an approved format
- Update safety data sheets so they are less than 5 years old
- Provide high visibility folders for clear visibility
- Liaise with suppliers for queries on SDS information
- Review current chemical registers and suggest improvements
- Test accuracy of the current register by cross referencing to actual stock levels
- Provide feedback on the structure, format and content of the SDS
If you are a manufacturer or distributor we can also validate whether your current SDS meets the Australian code of practice in this area.
If you have any interest in this area then please call General Manager Craig Watt on 0434 928178 to discuss this key requirement in chemical safety management.